News: Trouble logging in? Log in from the login page.
July 25, 2017, 06:44:25 pm

Author Topic: Cracked Carbon & modding updates  (Read 9962 times)

Offline JamieMcC

• View Profile
Re: Cracked Carbon & modding updates
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 08:35:50 am »
This looks very cool. Where were you able to get the carbon fiber? I wish I had thought of that as it looks brilliant. Also the inside is very nice and clean. I think I'll go back to mine and tidy up the wires a bit to look like yours. Good job.

Thanks I buy the carbon fibre fabric from a local distributer but you can also find it on ebay. You can also find pre made sheets A4 size on ebay and aliexpress. You need to be aware if adding any kind of overlay greater than 1 or 2mm to the top plate that you will require longer fixing bolts for mounting the tube sockets, transformers etc. A easy and inexpensive way to achieve the same look without needing longer bolts is to use a carbon fibre effect vinyl wrap.
Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline SCompRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 11:34:37 am »
Nice work! I spy the Rega Planar with R200 arm, smoked cover! 8)
Rich O

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Ref 3 * Krell KSA-250 Amp * Bottlehead Eros * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * DIY Buffalo III Dual Mono DAC * Heavy Plinth/Platter Lenco Idler Drive * Phoenix Eng 25W Power Supply & RoadRunner Tach * Advanced Analog MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II

Offline JamieMcC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 01:50:35 pm »
Nice work! I spy the Rega Planar with R200 arm, smoked cover! 8)

The Rega is getting more use than ever a little while back the cart was treated to a Jico S.A.S Super Analogue Stylus and with a recent bearing and oil change is sounding better than ever. Its been in use this evening playing
Eva Cassidy's album Nightbird. I managed to get through all 4 LPs uninterrupted which was a first ;) Its a great album by the way.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:00:20 pm by JamieMcC »
Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline aimeusdietger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 12:40:48 am »

This is really dope. I wish I could achieve this level of neatness, especially in the interior. The exterior was quite manageable for me but the interior was a mess. I', thinking of lining up my cables again to make it clean. Great work. Getting to it soon.

Edited by Joshua Harris. Please see newbielink:http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0 [nonactive] for more information.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:43:30 am by fullheadofnothing »