News: Trouble logging in? Log in from the login page.
March 24, 2019, 06:18:25 am

Author Topic: Legacy Repair Gallery/Blog  (Read 1353 times)

Offline 4krow

• ELECTRONICS LESSON #1
Re: Legacy Repair Gallery/Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 09:54:56 am »
 Now that I have had a chance to photo, and disassemble the unit, here is what you are looking at. Basically a Quickie and PJCCS that need attention. I must add that the 3 position Glassware A3 volume control is a stepped attenuator arrangement for 1) master volume (center dial), 2) left and right separate volume (flanking dials). This isn't the issue..... Believe it or not, I am unable to get the PJCCS working when wired to the Q. The Q works on it's own. Each time I make one of these simple kits, this same thing happens when the PJCCS is wired in, i.e. no signal at output. I realize that this is something that I am getting wrong, but I have simply lost patience.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:00:59 am by 4krow »
Greg Peyton
 System makeup: Decware "Rachael" integrated amp.;Rega Apollo 'R'; Emotiva ERC3 CDP; Decware ZOB speakers W/FRX2 drivers; Audio Nirvana subs w/Velodyne SMS-1;  Blue Heaven Nordost cables, Pangea/PS Audio power cables, BPT power conditioner

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 11:11:01 am »
That's probably a little beyond my skill set. 
Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 12:31:59 pm »
I took this pair of old Paramours in for repair recently.  One of them somehow developed a short between B+ and the chassis through debris in the 9 pin socket.
Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 12:34:20 pm »
Since I had the amps in hand, I talked the owner into letting me install the Iron Upgrade package that we offer for older SEX amps.  It fit, but just barely!  I had to trim off some of the mounting tab on each output transformer so it would clear the wood base.
Paul "PB" Birkeland