News: Trouble logging in? Log in from the login page.
February 18, 2019, 02:28:01 am

Author Topic: What headphones do you use?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline aarumugham

Re: What headphones do you use?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:17 am »
I had the same question about what headphones. I got an open box deal from headphones.com. Focal Clear were 35% off. To me, they sound great.  Headphones.com also have a good return policy if you don't like them.

Offline adydula

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 03:24:09 am »
Well.....I have had these 1350's now for almost 5 years!!!

They have been sitting here mostly unused for years as other Beyers, LCD. Grados have come thru the door...

So tonight for some reason I said "hey self..you never have tried these 80 ohm cans with your Bottlehead Mainline!:...."

So here I am listening with them once again and boy what a nice homecoming!

They are working so very well with the Mainline on low impedance setting....

Wow the bass from these "tiny" things are just awesome.

Here is a review from the wayback machine:

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/beyer/dt-1350.htm#rex

Comparing these to HD 800's, Stax, and others!!!

Ha!

Great set of cans..with a great amp!

Alex

Offline elgringo81

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 04:18:53 am »
Hello Alex.

Very interesting.. I am really happy with DT1770-Pro (250ohm) paired with the Mainline. They sound far better then with my HDV-600/Crack+SP/LD MK2/M1HPAP. If I should try to explain it some how, then the soundstage is wider and somehow more live-like and realistic. Id didn't know that the 1770 Pro could sound so good..

I received the HD820 early January and I have to say that I prefer them from Solid State HDV600 while the HD800S sounds SUBLIME from the mainline. There are some early observation so my opinion might change with time :D

On another note, I have some issues with isolation on the HD820, there feels like a small gap in front of my ears while I have them on and I am loosing some low frequency there. it gets fixed when I push them gently closer to my head. I am waiting for the pads to give in, if they wont then I will try Dekoni´s.
Guðmundur Ásgeirsson
DIY Beginner.

Offline Loquah

• Accidental Tube Addict
    • Passion For Sound
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 02:33:34 pm »
I had the same question about what headphones. I got an open box deal from headphones.com. Focal Clear were 35% off. To me, they sound great.  Headphones.com also have a good return policy if you don't like them.

I had a similar experience where I bought the Clears on a deal (Black Friday in my case) and I love them from the Mainline, but also from my solid state Massdrop THX 789. I've owned and reviewed the HD800 and HD800S (not yet tried 820s) and the Clears are vastly superior for my tastes, but that's because I prefer a more musical, richer sound and the Clears balance musicality and transparency / neutrality extremely well. I've been using the NightHawks for a long time with the Mainline and still enjoy some of their characteristics as much as I enjoy the Clears, but the NightOwls are also on the way so it will be interesting to see how they stack up as I think they might combine the best of both from what I've read.