News: New speaker kit coming soon
May 23, 2017, 02:44:32 am

Author Topic: 'Even' Headphones  (Read 354 times)

Offline 4krow

• ELECTRONICS LESSON #1
    • View Profile
'Even' Headphones
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »
 Not been posting here for a long time, but seeing as how many of you love cans, I thought that I might bring this product to mind. They are called 'Even' headphones and basically make the attempt to compensate for the hearing of each of your ears. I would not rate them as top of the line, after having a pair for a short while, it makes me want to get into headphone listening again.
Greg Peyton
 System makeup: Decware "Rachael" integrated amp.;Rega Apollo 'R'; Emotiva ERC3 CDP; Decware ZOB speakers W/FRX2 drivers; Audio Nirvana subs w/Velodyne SMS-1;  Blue Heaven Nordost cables, Pangea/PS Audio power cables, BPT power conditioner

Offline 4krow

• ELECTRONICS LESSON #1
    • View Profile
Re: 'Even' Headphones
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:37:10 am »
 It bears updating, the fact that I have been auditioning 3 different headphones as of late. They are the Even H1 headphones, Grado sr225e, and the Hi-Fi man 400S planar phones. Two out three of these phones are similar in sound, that is the Grado and the Even phones. No doubt they have their differences, but nothing like those and the difference of the 400S. Planar design would give you the correct assumption that there is an expected sound. That isn't as easy to state as I would have thought. Softer, easier way, might be on track, and yet, as I wait to try them with a tube based headphone amp, I expect that to change. The closest comparison sound wise is when I owned the Sennheiser HD600 phones. maybe I can get a shot off to show the Grado and Hi-Fi Man.

Greg Peyton
 System makeup: Decware "Rachael" integrated amp.;Rega Apollo 'R'; Emotiva ERC3 CDP; Decware ZOB speakers W/FRX2 drivers; Audio Nirvana subs w/Velodyne SMS-1;  Blue Heaven Nordost cables, Pangea/PS Audio power cables, BPT power conditioner

Offline Lar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 05:33:24 pm »
Like the young child that receives the birthday gift and is more intersested in the box that it came in more  then the gift, where does a guy get that head phone stand? Thanks.
Larry V

Offline 4krow

• ELECTRONICS LESSON #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:10:55 am »
One of the stands came from Ebay. I think that it cost $20. The other one came with the Even H1 headphones that I purchased awhile back.
Greg Peyton